One of the items I have been looking forward to buying during this pregnancy is a new changing bag for the twins. Of course when I found out we were expecting two babies I knew we would need something with plenty of room. Not only will I have two newborns and a toddler but it would be nice to be able to fit some of my things in there too; I’m not asking for much, a space for my purse, phone, keys and lip balm and I’ll be set! I have been looking at them for so long now and I’ve been trying to keep track my favourites but the time has come to narrow it down. These are some that I’ve been considering…
Changing Bags For Twins
1. I just had to include a Pink Lining bag and this one is a specially designed Twins Bag. I really like the colourful designs of Pink Lining Bags and I also love that on their website they have a brilliant clear picture of the inside of the bag. I like that this has insulated bottle holders – double that of their regular bags and external zip pockets for all those mummy bits. £85.00
2. I’ve seen this one recommended a lot, the Skip Hop Duo Deluxe is quite simple a massive changing bag, perfect for twins! The real benefit of this bag is that it is designed to fit on a side-by-side double buggy and it has 16 pockets – enough to keep everything separate for the twins, Lucas and me. From what I can tell it doesn’t have insulated bottle pockets but I’m sure it has enough space to add your own. £69.99
3. Although not my favourite design this Vertbaudut Weekend Bag is really good value and looks like it is spacious and practical so should be perfect for twins. This has plenty of pockets, matching accessories and a removable mini messenger bag. £45.00
4. One that would suit my husband, the PacoPod Backpack is totally different to most changing bags. It has three separate ‘pods’ for feeding, changing and parent bits and the feeder pod is insulated. I’m lucky that my husband wouldn’t really grumble about having to have a ‘feminine’ bag attached to the pushchair but I still think he would be more comfortable carrying this. This would be great for twin parents as you could just throw it on your back and have both hands free. £69.00
5. This Caboodle bag is another one I like because it is bright and colourful. It’s a reasonable price, waterproof and looks like it would fit plenty of baby bits in. I like that you can attach a shoulder strap to it aswell as the regular carry handles. £25.00
6. This is one of my favourites, the Mia Tui Amelie bag looks like a regular handbag but with everything you would expect from a changing bag inside. It looks really roomy and I like that the website that does a great shot of the interior of the bag. Always handy to see if I could fit it extra nappies for the twins and the toddler. I love that these bags come with clear internal bags and an extra clutch bag for the little bits and bobs that always get lost in the bottom of your bag. £63.00
7. Ok, so I think this Storksak Sofia bag is beautiful but I have to hold my hands up and say I honestly couldn’t afford to buy it. To be fair I don’t spend that much money of my own handbags so I couldn’t really justify it but I had to include it because it is gorgeous and I think it would be a great investment if you had the money to spend. £250.00
I’m still not sure what we will choose for our twin changing bag; it’s difficult to know whether to get one designed specifically for twins or just to go for a large bag. I know I will need a big bag even if they look bulky because I hate having to carry lots of different things. It will need to have space for all of us if we are going out for a full day or just nipping to the library and I’d like to use it as a hospital bag for our duo too. I’m not too concerned with how it looks but obviously some of these are more aesthetically pleasing than others, it is really up to me to decide if I want a changing bag that is stylish, practical or just extra large. Then I will just need some advice on how to organise it!
What did you look for in your changing bag? Which is your favourite, have you tried any of these out and what would you recommend?
Please note that I try to update the links on the post to a recent version of each bag so they may not match the picture above.
Contains affiliate links.