I am currently feeling pretty happy that we live in a part of the country that is actually seeing some sun! It’s not very often that we have the good weather, even when other parts of the UK does, so this is definitely a reason to be donning my favourite sandals and floppy hats. Each year I look in despair at my ‘summer wardrobe’ – truth is I don’t really have one. It’s not often we get enough warm weather to warrant a true summer wardrobe and there is always my personal battle between what looks great in the magazines and what I am actually comfortable wearing.
There is one trend I have resisted for a while and I’m not sure why – I have since been converted and it’s nice to see so many jumpsuits in the shops. With the recent heatwave I went out and bought myself a short playsuit and I have pretty much lived in it since! It is super comfortable, hides my mum tum and it’s great for running around with the boys as I don’t feel I’m going to expose myself. It’s something I am happy to wear for a day in the garden or for an evening out as it can easily be dressed up. Since buying it I have been keeping my eye out for other jumpsuits and playsuits and have found some lovely ones in the Dorothy Perkins sale.
1. Patterned Jumpsuit – This is such a nice casual one, a really summery jumpsuit. I love the drawstring waist and tassel belt.
2. Blue Jumpsuit – This is such a bright print and it’s really colourful; it would look fantastic in the warmer weather with a pair of metallic sandals.
3. Multicoloured jumpsuit – I think this one is really cute. I love everything about it – the pattern, the colours and the cut-out shoulders. It looks like it would be very flattering on.
4. Floral Jumpsuit – I love the cut of this one; it’s a little like a pinafore on top and I like the slim legs. The floral pattern is lovely too.
5. Navy Jumpsuit – This is one of my favourites as it looks a little dressier that the others but is a lovely, simple design. I love the colour and the lace shoulders.
6. Black Jumpsuit – I had to choose one in black – you just can’t go wrong! This one has a wonderful back detail and cropped legs which I like.
All jumpsuits above were sourced via LoveTheSales.